Marla Bosworth is the founder and owner of Back Porch Soap Company. She teaches classes, corporate events and experiences including candle making, soap making, organic skincare and perfumery.

March 01, 2009

Whole Foods Vendor Day: Dry Skin, Lots of Samples, and Metro Males

Thank you to everyone who came out to visit yesterday at Whole Foods in Hingham, Massachusetts. I handed out several hundred samples of our Lemongrass and Unscented organic oils bar soaps, 100% Shea Butter, Caribbean Sea Salts and information on our soap making classes.

Whole Foods truly embraces local vendors. This month marks my second anniversary with the Hingham store, and I've met so many wonderful people ~ from customers to Whole Foods employees who gladly support local businesses.

Many interesting customers yesterday stopped to chat. One couple was from Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. There isn't a Whole Foods on the Vineyard, so they came to stock up. I also met two Duxbury, Massachusetts residents (where I live) - one who works at Whole Foods and one a customer. And I also had the pleasure of meeting many "metro males" and their wives.

I'm saving this for a later blog, but it is interesting how metro males shop for bath and body products. They are extremely selective, focused, and like to pamper themselves. It's also fair to say that at times their wives call them "soap obsessed." Are you a metro male who loves soap and other bath and body products? Please email me to answer a few quick questions regarding your shopping habits. If I use your feedback, you'll receive a free full-size shea butter ($18 retail value).

Back to yesterday. So as you know, spring is just around the corner. But especially here in the Northeast, so many people are still suffering from winter dry skin, eczema and psoriasis. Yesterday's most popular product was our 100% shea butter. People were amazed that how quickly it soaks into the skin. It is unlike lotion and after handwashing it stays on. It is light, rejuvenating for the skin, and non-greasy.

Yesterday I spoke with customers about overcoming dry skin. From hands to feet, they were all really frustrated. I'm going to share with you what I recommended to them.

My products can help you with two of the Top 10 Ways to Fight Dry Skin. The first is using high-quality soap that is sulfate-free. The second is finding an organic moisturizer, like our 100% organic shea butter. Check back tomorrow for a complete post on the Top 10 Ways to Remedy Dry Skin.

Afterall, it's no fun to be scaly. And sandal season is right around the corner!

Sign up for my monthly newsletter for news, discounts and more!

No comments:

Copyright @ Back Porch Soap Company. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign