We are so fortunate to have Charna Ethier as the workshop instructor! She is the “nose” and founder of Providence Perfume Co. (Providence, RI) a natural perfumery specializing in luxurious botanical fragrances. After spending years working with large beauty and fragrance companies such as Aveda, she desired to create her own line of perfumes that were truly natural.
She is member of the Natural Perfumer’s Guild obtaining Professional Perfumer status and a regular participant in global perfume projects and collaborations. Her perfumes have received critical acclaim and have been featured on AOL, The Rhode Show, numerous magazines, and fragrance websites and blogs.
Under Charna's guidance, students will create and take home:
- Two Liquid Perfumes
- One Solid Perfume
- 12 essential oils (to take home after use in class blending)
In addition, Charna will share her knowledge on:
1. The Components of Natural Perfume: Essential oils, Absolutes, Floral waxes/concretes, Natural Isolates and Alcohol.
2. Tinctures (Hows and Whys)
3. Importance of Notekeeping (formularies, impressions, revisiting)
5. Labeling and Ageing
6. Storage of Perfumes and Perfumery Ingredients
7. Accessory Notes
8. Botanicals Requiring Dilution
In addition, each student will receive a valuable handout containing reputable sources for ordering supplies; standard proportion of base, middle, and top notes; as well as formulation guidelines.For more information and to register, please visit our website. This class is held in our Duxbury, Massachusetts studio, which is 40 minutes from Boston and 1 hour from Providence, RI.